Who We Are
We are a family, first as the family of God and secondly as individuals brought together through the leading of the Spirit of God. We function as a family keeping in mind it was the first institution established by our Father. Everything we do will facilitate relationship with God, with each other, and with our community.
- We seek to do all we can to preach this great gospel of love to the world in outreach to those who have never understood.
- We are committed to an environment of love, acceptance, and forgiveness. We are patient with and supportive of one another and sensitive to the healing and discipleship process.
- Jesus is the Truth. He is the Word of God manifested in the flesh. It is to Him that we answer in all things.
- The Bible, being the Word of God is, and always will be, held as our ultimate authority.
- Spirit-filled worship of God is as vital to us as breathing.
- We seek and honor the leadership of the Holy Spirit in our public services and in all we do as a church, encouraging the expression of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- We are committed to prayer as a lifestyle individually and corporately.
- We cherish our children as blessings from God and consider them an integral part of the church body.
- As children are blessings from God, so new members are received as rich additions to our family.
- Church will be fun!
- We endeavor to facilitate the gifts, callings, and potential of each individual member of the family.
- We actively seek to protect the dignity and sanctity of human life, including the unborn.
- We honor our heritage as we look towards our future.
Our Missional Focus
Jesus, in His last comments before ascending to heaven in Acts 1:8, tells the disciples that they are to be witnesses for Him in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. This command is still applicable for us today. We each have concentric circles we are called to influence on an individual level and on a corporate level both through giving and going.
At Grace Community Church, our concentric circles look like this:
Jerusalem: Our Grace Community Church family
Judea: Heritage Elementary School, Fossil Ridge High School, the neighborhoods immediately to the south and west of us, the apartment complex southwest of us, and the police station on Riverside Drive
Samaria: The surrounding neighborhoods and schools in 76244 and 76137
The ends of the earth: This is all of our missions efforts, including the communities outside of 76244 and 76137 where our congregants live. We believe we are called to GO, and as such, we attempt to have at least one short-term missions trip every year. We focus our trips on resourcing, supporting, and encouraging missionaries and organizations who will be effectively ministering in their local context long after we return home.